- The Hyde Amendment, which restricts federal funding for abortions;
- The federal law banning partial birth abortions, which was finally upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in April 2007;
- The “Mexico City Policy,” which has barred the use of federal taxpayers’ money to pay for abortions in other countries;
- Laws in 44 states that preserve a parental role when children under 18 seek abortions;
- Laws in 40 states that restrict late-term abortions;
- Laws in 46 states that protect the right of conscience for individual health care providers;
- Laws in 27 states that protect the right of conscience for institutions;
- Laws in 38 states that ban partial birth abortions;
- Laws in 33 states that require counseling before having an abortion;
- And laws in 16 states that provide for ultrasounds before an abortion.
Several pro-life successes since 1973
Earlier today on his blog, Justin Taylor posted a list (catalogued by the Knights of Columbus) of small successes that have been achieved in the fight against abortion.